Sync Google Calendar with Thunderbird
Are you tired of logging in into the Google Calendar website and then manage your events ( unless, of course, you own an Android device - as far as i know ) ? You can synchronize your Google Calendar with Thunderbird so that every time you need not login into the Google Calendar to see your events.
Syncing Google Calendar with Mozilla Thunderbird :
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird
- Go to Tools -> Addons
- Install these addons :
Lightning, Provider for Google Calendar
- Restart Thunderbird
- Go to Google Calendar website and click on the Settings icon and then select 'Settings'
- In the Calendar tab, click on the Calendar which you have to synchronize with Thunderbird
- In the next page, click on XML button right next to Private Address. A bix will appear with the link to the calendar
- Copy the link
- In the Thunderbird, Go to 'New->Calendar', Select 'On the Network' and click on Next
- Select 'Google Calendar' in the format and paste the link in the Location text field
- Tick the 'Offline Support' checkbox
- Then enter your Google Username and Password
- Now name your new calendar and click on Finish
- Then click on the Calendar icon at the right top of Thunderbird and select the calendar you just created.
- Now you can manage the events from the thunderbird itself.