How to install Tomboy Notes Taking App in Windows XP/7/8/8.1
What is Tomboy Notes ?
Tomboy Notes is a great notes taking application that is available for free of cost. It is the default notes taking application in most of the GNU/LINUX distributions.
- Notes Synchronization
- Offline Notes
- Export to HTML
- Links to other Notes
- Font Styling & Sizing
- Export to Wordpress / Blogger (with add-in)
- Automatically open the notes on specified date & time (with add-in)
- Table of Contents (with add-in)
- Install the latest .Net Framework (4.0 , at the very least) in your system
- Download & Install GTK# for .Net
- Download the Gtk+ 2.x all-in-one bundle 2.24.10 or newer and extract it (e.g. to C:\GtkPlus)
- Create an Environmental Variable named 'TOMBOY_PATH_PREFIX' with the value set to your GTK+ Extraction directory followed by /bin. For e.g. C:\GtkPlus\bin. You can create an Environmental Variable by 'Start Menu' -> Right Click 'Computer' -> Select 'Properties' -> 'Advanced System Settings' -> 'Advanced' tab -> 'Environmental Variables'
- Now restart your system
- Then download and install the Tomboy Notes for Windows
|Gtk+ 2.24.10 bundle|
|Environmental Variable for TOMBOY_PATH_PREFIX|
That did take some work to get it installed, but you finally have it here.
Stay tuned for more tips and tricks. See the right side bar for links to our social networking pages.