Create a subdomain in your Godaddy Account
Setting up a subdomain in your Godaddy is a breeze. It took 20-30 minutes for the changes to reflect back for the subdomain. As a matter of fact, godaddy offers 252 free subdomains. Why waste them ? Here is how to make use of them :
- Login into your Godaddy account
- Click on 'My Account' link at the top left of the page
- Then click on '+' to the left of 'Domains' section
- Then click on 'Launch' to the right of the domain you want to set up subdomain.
- Click on 'Manage' next to the 'Forward Subdomains' section
- Click on 'Add Subdomain' in the popup.
- Now enter your desired subdomain name and the target address.
- If you want this subdomain to forward to another site without masking the original address, then just click on 'OK'. Your job is done.
- Or If you wish to mask your original site address, (the browser's address bar will display only the subdomain - In my case, http://test.pctips.in ) then you can click on 'Advanced Options' and then select 'Forward with Masking'. Then enter the Title, Description and Keywords in the relevant textbox. Then click on 'OK'.