Protect your Personal Files with TrueCrypt
Have you ever wanted to hide your files or protect your files from unauthorised access. Well Here is a solution for you. TrueCrypt is a great software that allows you to protect your files by encrypting them with a password.
Tool : TrueCrypt
- Download TrueCrypt from here and install it.
- Click on 'Create Volume'.
- Select 'Create an encrypted file container' and then click 'Next'
- Select 'Standard TrueCrypt volume' and then click 'Next'
- Click on 'Select File' and select a directory where the protected file will be saved and give a name for it
- Leave the 'Encryption Options' as it is and Click on 'Next'
- Now enter the volume size. This has to be greater than the size of files that you want to protect. Then Click on 'Next'
- Choose a password to protect the files. Click on 'Next'
- In 'Format Options' leave the file system as FAT since it can be accessed under both Windows and Linux. Click on 'Next'.
- Click on 'Format' in the screen that appears.
- Now in the main window, click on 'Select File' and choose the file that you created (This will contain your hidden files - so do not delete it ).
- Now click on 'Mount'. Enter the password and click on 'OK'
- Now open the volume that has been mounted.
- Now you can cut and paste the files into this volume that you need to hide or protect the files.
- After that you can dismount the volume.
- Whenever you want access to these files, you can Mount the volume and access them. Also you can copy the files back to other folders for normal use.